THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, October 9, 2009

my birthday

today is 9th of oct! my birthday! it's suppose to be a really happy thing for me but guess what...

when i went downstairs for breakfast, my host parents only said good morning and nothing else. i was upset, omg they forgot my birthday!! then i try to make them remember by asking my host dad what day is it and he said today is 9th. okay it didn't work. when my host mum came i asked her what is the date today? she happily said today is october 9th and full stop. i was so disappointed, upset and moody(cried a little).

i went to school but still don't seem to forget that my host family actually forgot my birthday when i have been living with them for the past half year. how sad. i went to school and got many wishes from my friends,even from those that i didn't expect from. many of them knew it's my birthday though i didn't tell them, i guess words spread really fast. some friends bought a drink for me, gave me sweets and the guys bought food(some hard bread with sugar, really yummy) for me. i think they are really sweet, it's the thought that counts right. some friends said will give me presents and cards next week. thank you for those who wished me in facebook too.

i told my friends that i think my host family forgot my birthday but most of them said maybe they will give me a surprise when i go home after club practice. they said japanese like to plan surprises. i didn't quite believe it but had a little hope in believing it because i wanted to believe it.

then i went for club practice and got many wishes too. i got a present from a close friend, it's a panda mug! it's so cute! almost at the end of the practice, saxophone part members played birthday song for me. i was seriously so touched. it was nice to hear a birthday song dedicated to me from my good friends playing my favourite instrument. i think it was really special.

then when home, i was seriously hoping they remember my birthday or have planned a surprise for me. when i went back and it's normal at home. host mum greeted me and that's it. my heart dropped. they really forgot my birthday!! then i asked my host mum what day is it today? then only she remembered it's my birthday, at that time i already bursted into tears. a serious cry. my host mum came to me a hugged me while i was crying but my cry couldn't stop. then she went and tell host dad and then they said let's go to chinese restaurant to eat to celebrate my birthday.

the chinese food was great! reminds me of the chinese food in malaysia. i can't believe i had to cry on my birthday. anyway, tomorrow im going to my friend's house to bake my birthday cake with my close friends. yay! it reminds me of baking cake with my close friends last time in malaysia. memories~

0 comments: